24oz. Grape tomatoes
1/2 red onion rough chop
2 cloves garlic
1/2c. grated parmesan cheese
1/4c. Fresh basil
S & P to taste
Pinch of sugar
1Tbsp. Balsamic vinegar reduction
1. Place garlic and onion in food processor, blend until finely chopped
2. Add remaining ingredients and pulse several times until everything is finely chopped
3.Serving suggestion: Spoon onto toasted bread, sprinkle with parmesan and bake until cheese is golden. Or, serve with bruscetta pasta(recipe follows)
BRUSHCETTA PASTA WITH GRILLED CHICKEN FOR 2:
1 whole pounded chicken breast
14oz. Cooked angel hair pasta
2c. Bruscetta mixture
S&P To taste
1.Heat grill to 400F place chicken on grill at a 45 degree angle.cook about 2-3 min and then turn chicken the other way at a 45 degree angle to acheive nice grill marks. Cook another 2-3 min and then flip and cook until no longer pink. (Grill marks aren't necessary on this side) remove from heat.
2. Meanwhile in a saute pan heat bruschetta mixture until hot and toss with cooked angel hair.
3. Plate pasta and top with grilled chicken
4. Drizzle the balsamic reduction over chicken and garnish with a sprig of basil if desired(a squeeze bottle works best for drizzling the balsamic reduction)
*to make balsamic reduction simply place desired amount of balsamic vinegar in a suaucepan over med heat and reduce about 3/4 or until desired consistency is reached. It will thicken more upon cooling so be careful not to over reduce.