- 2 cups canned chickpeas, drained and rinsed
- 1 lemon, juiced
- 2 tablespoons tahini paste
- 1 tablespoon garlic
- 1/4 cup olive oil, plus more, for drizzling
- Freshly ground black pepper
- 1 cup kalamata olives, pitted
- Fresh pita bread
- 1 teaspoon fresh parsley, rough chop
In a food processor, combine the chickpeas, lemon juice, tahini paste, and garlic. Process until smooth. While the processor is running, drizzle in 1/4 cup olive oil, a little at a time. Season with salt and pepper.
Spoon the hummus into large bowl. Drizzle the hummus with olive oil and garnish with olives and fresh parsley. Serve with warm pita bread triangles.
*You can add other things to this to change the flavor. Ex. more lemon to make lemon hummus, more garlic for garlic hummus, roasted red peppers, sundried tomatoes, jalepenos, etc. just remember to add olive oil last.